With these objectives we aim at addressing ATC aspects with regards to the whole air traffic as well because:
- New airspace structures are investigated which impact all aircraft and hence the air traffic.
- The enhanced controller tools for arrival, departure and surface management, which are modified in the project to optimize the full traffic situations, not only single flights.
- Due to evaluation reasons, it is necessary to use scenarios where single flights can be tracked from gate to gate because the fuel consumption arise on board of a single aircraft.
- ATC aspects are fully covered on airport surface and TMA as background traffic is also simulated.
- Within the TMA optimisation strategies are applied to whole traffic, not just flights from and to airports of the airport pair.
- For long haul flights less optimization potential is expected while ATC induced manoeuvers play a smaller role than for short haul flights, general flight planned routing is more important here.